Viewing protocols to stay healthy
PUBLISHED 6 SEP 2021
Retha van Zyl Real Estate is committed to ensuring the health and safety of my Clients. Therefore, guidelines have been established to ensure the safe delivery of my professional service in compliance with Government regulations and directives relating to minimising the risk associated with Covid-19.
Real Estate marketing before Covid-19, often allowed for potential buyers to physically view a variety of properties - even if they were window-shopping to prepare for future buying decisions. Show houses were popularly explored without much buying pressure. With the real threat of infection with the Corona Virus, Show houses will only be held for properties marketed on a sole or exclusive mandate. Potential buyers who are not ready to make buying decisions, are invited to browse properties online. Potential buyers will not only have to proof their ability to conclude a purchase agreement (e.g. through pre-qualification); but will also be screened for Covid-19 related symptoms before viewing appointments may be made. Real Estate is changing from lengthy visits to a variety of properties, to viewing appointments (upon explicit approval by sellers and/or residents of properties for sale) of shortlisted properties, concluded in the shortest possible time.
Before a physical viewing of a property is arranged, potential buyers must to take note of and agree to the following:
- Property viewings will, as far as possible, be done virtually. Once a potential buyer expresses definite interest in a property, a physical viewing of the property can be arranged in line with viewing protocols, and on the express consent of seller or the occupant of the property.
- Property viewings will only be arranged after potential buyers have confirmed in writing that they do not present with Covid-19 related symptoms, as specified by the Department of Health; or that they or members of their household have not tested positive, nor have they been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in a period of 14 days prior to the date of the envisaged viewing appointment.
- With a view to ensuring sufficient physical distancing and to limit exposure, only three people, (excluding myself as the Estate Agent) will be allowed to enter the property at a time. Children will not be allowed inside the property.
- Buyers and Estate Agent must wear a mask for the duration of the viewing.
- Buyers and Estate Agent must sanitise their hands prior to entering the property and upon leaving the property. Hand sanitiser with 70% alcohol content will be supplied.
- Physical distance of at least 1.5m will be kept at all times. No physical contact will be allowed between the Estate Agent, buyers and occupants of the property.
- Touching of surfaces is not allowed. No-one will be allowed to use bathrooms or other amenities on the premises.
Sellers or occupants who give permission that potential buyers may access their properties, must confirm in writing that they do not present with Covid-19 related symptoms; or that they or members of their household have not tested positive, nor have they been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in a period of 14 days prior to the date of the envisaged viewing appointment.
In the event that the Estate Agent, seller/occupant of the property or potential buyer (or any member of their household) do present with Covid-19 related symptoms, or cold and flue symptoms, no physical viewing will be allowed.
By abiding by these guidelines, we can work together toward a safe and healthy property buying experience.
I am grateful for the opportunity to help turn your dreams into REALTY!